Chris Givler, MA MFT, MDiv
- MA MFT from Evangelical Seminary.
- MDiv from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator.
- ThriveSphere Facilitator.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Administrator.
- Working with relational dynamics between couples (premarital and marital) and between family members.
- Blended families.
- ADHD and Aspergers (Autism Spectrum Disorders), especially focusing on how the realities of these conditions affect relationships, family and work dynamics, and life functioning.
- Grief, depression, coping skills.
- Integration of spiritual/faith issues with life; addressing spiritual issues and one’s relationship with God.
Chris desires to help people experience loving communion with God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and the transformative healing that only God can accomplish in the deepest core of the human person.
Chris brings a wide variety of skills and life experiences to counseling. After completing his MDiv at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, he was a church-planting pastor. Then for 14 years he interacted with and taught college-age students as an adjunct instructor at Messiah College. His next adventure involved helping junior high and senior high students as a school-based drug and alcohol counselor. While completing his MA MFT at Evangelical Seminary, Chris contracted in private marriage and family therapy practice in the Camp Hill, and Mechanicsburg areas, as well as seeing a wide range of clients in two years of clinical experience in the Elizabethtown and Lititz areas.
Chris enjoys helping individuals, couples, and families find wholeness in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, while helping clients heal and form healthy relationships. He approaches therapy from thoroughly Christian assumptions, using the best current models and interventions alongside the riches of 2,000 years of Christian Tradition. He also views client challenges and problems in a holistic light, investigating how the many experiences, relationships, and areas of clients’ lives may both contribute to problems and become resources for transforming clients’ lives.
Chris is a member of Holy Apostles Orthodox Church in Mechanicsburg, PA. He enjoys when he is able to spend time with his two adult sons, and he occupies his time with a variety of activities, from reading to hobbies that allow him to create with his hands.