Shawn Geraty, DMin, MA
- D.Min. from United Theological Seminary.
- M.A. in Counseling from Regent University.
- M.Div. with focus in Pastoral Counseling from Columbia International University.
- Prepare/Enrich Certified – Relationship Inventory.
- Attachment Based Intervention Specialist.
- Professional Membership: American Association of Christian Counselors.
- Integration of healing approaches within counseling.
- Integration of spiritual formation in counseling.
- Transformational Prayer.
- Attachment based interventions.
- Marriage, family, parenting, children and adolescence.
- Relationship and intimacy issues.
- Depression, anxiety, anger, grief and loss.
- Abuse, trauma and dissociation.
- Grief and loss.
Shawn has a passion and desire to see people experience transformation in the deep places of pain and woundedness within their souls that prevent them from thriving. His passion is to facilitate God’s love and truth so they may experience wholeness and fulfillment in their relationships and lives.
Dr. Shawn Geraty’s educational journey has centered around helping others in their journey toward wholeness culminating in his doctoral work that focused on the impact of knowing God’s love in the midst of life’s struggles and one’s sense of identity. He has provided help and support to clients in private practice in South Central Pennsylvania since 1995. Shawn has 20 plus years experience, successfully helping hundreds of men, women, couples, adolescents and children with a wide range of issues. The Grace Like a River practice was created in 2012. For 15 years, he served as a counseling pastor in a local church setting. His training and experience as both a counselor and a pastor allows him to integrate these two types of “people helping” utilizing his training in spiritual, emotional, and psychological issues to meet the needs of his clients.
Shawn’s specialty is integrating transformational prayer and spiritual formation approaches with counseling leading to authentic lasting change and wholeness in people’s lives. His passion is to facilitate God’s love and truth so they may experience wholeness and fulfillment in their relationships and lives.
One of Shawn’s greatest joys is being married to his wonderful wife for the past 24 years and a father to four amazing children. He enjoys fly fishing and prayer walks by the water, as well as enjoying the outdoors with his family.